Tool Vending is essentially an organised Electronic Warehousing System in your workshop for machinists to call upon whenever they need a tool. Your tooling is stored in a secure purpose built tooling machine with quick and simple user interfaces to find tooling.
Reduce your key overhead cost of administering the tooling purchases by letting the machine reorder when it reaches a critical reorder point to replenish stock. No more stock-outs, costly machine downtime and time-wasting searching for tooling around the workshop.
What is Tool Port?
Tool Port is an extension of your warehouse. Each Tool Port can hold from 10 and up to 80 different types of inserts in one machine in quantities of 20 each as Tool Port can be built up like a LEGO system in modules.
The user dispenses one insert at a time in 3 simple steps: login to the computer, open the door and browse the computer or visually locate the insert, dispense the desired insert and close the door.
When the insert quantity hits a re-order point the Tool Port automatically phones home by mobile phone technology and "teleports" a new packet of inserts to the workshop. A simple database makes the machine Plug and Play. Just turn it on, set a few parameters then let Tool Port become your 24/7 store-man.
Why vend single inserts?
Tool Port allows the user to access the location where all the inserts are stored. They can take one insert or as many as they need for the job.
Even small machine shops have a large range of inserts with an average cost of $25,000. The purpose of ToolPort is to take all the inserts in the shop and put them under full control but at the same time make them easily accessible. Single insert vending reduces wasted time looking for inserts and delays due to stock outs.
Why use Tool Port?
• Most vending machines due to high capital cost do not allow economical dispensing of single inserts. Tool Port is the first machine designed to make single insert dispensing as quick and easy as it possibly can be.
• Most users have very little idea of the codes and styles of inserts they are using therefore have difficulty finding products in vending machines. Tool-Port allows the user to visually identify the product.
• Most vending machines are of one fixed size yet no one customer has the same requirements for vending. Tool Port is the first modular system that allows you to add capacity at your choice starting from only 10 inserts styles and going up to 80.
• Most tool vending machines need to be placed in one location to serve the entire workshop due to the high cost and lack of modular design. Tool Port's economic and modular design allows the placement of satellites in machine cells so walk time is significantly reduced. One cell may have 20 inserts, another cell may require 40.
• Most vending machines require a lot of work to build the database prior to installing the machine. Tool Port can have the same database for all customers who then define the individual products they want stored in their machine.
• Most vending machines need to be connected to the customer LAN to send emails, creating problems with Firewalls, filters etc. Tool Port by-passes this by using on board GSM phone technology for re-stocking.
• Most vending machines require a specialist trained in the software and IT communications to install and setup the machine. Tool Port can be installed and serviced by anyone after 30 minutes training.
For more information including demonstration videos please visit www.toolport.com
What is the Matrix?
MATRIX combines the most innovative automated tool dispenser with MATRIX-TM, a powerful management software. Access to an item stored in MATRIX's locked bins is electronically controlled by the management software according to pre-defined authorisations.
Flexibility is the key to any storage solution, and MATRIX excels. Drawer configurations can be swapped-in/out. Add-on cabinets are connected with a click of a cable. Multiple cabinets can be deployed in different locations and networked to run from one common database. This is a truly modular system with the possibility to grow as your needs change.
MATRIX technology includes:
• Patented locking system
• Large touchscreen
• Plug & play "smart" electronics
• Ergonomic design
• Remote diagnostics
• Sloped-back ergonomic design for easy viewing of stored items.
• Double security - each drawer and bin is locked to prevent unauthorised use.
• Computer and electronic components are accessible from the front.
• Easy forklift transport.
• Manual override, so your production never stops even in cases of power failure.
• Barcode reader for quick and reliable issuing.
• 25 Languages available.
• Suitable for small organisations as well as large enterprises.
• Manages multiple sites.
• Items, cabinets and sites all in one database.
• Reporting of tools, to drive down production costs.
• Regulates user access to items per authorisation groups and budgets.
• Reduces downtime - the sophisticated planning engine ensures that needed items will be at the location of use, on time.
• Easy to use - fast learning curve. User friendly interface.
• Cuts your tool inventory and management costs.
• Solid steel construction. No plastic parts to wear out or break.
• Each drawer can hold 110 pounds of tooling.
• The Matrix can be accessed by Keypad or Your Choice of ID Card or Badge. We use your cards. No need to re-card your employees.
- Bar Code Reader (Included)
- Magnetic-Stripe Reader
- Proximity Card Reader
- Biometric Fingerprint ID Reader
For more information including demonstration videos please click here.